- Who are some of NH’s most famous artists and what are they known for?
- What do artists contribute to a community?
- Specifically, who is Augustus Saint-Gaudens? Daniel Chester French? Edmund Tarbell? Lotte Jacobi? James Aponovich? Mary and Ed Scheier? Jules Olitski?
- Can students identify how the work of New Hampshire artists is connected to daily life?
- Are students able to apply the principles of art and design to the work of New Hampshire artists?
- How has the art produced in NH changed over time?
- What about NH is attractive to artists?
Sources: Celebrate America! Three Centuries of American
Art from the Currier, Exhibition Guide; American Art from The Currier
Gallery of Art, American Federation of Arts, 1995.